Dynasty Update: Dustin Keller, TE, Dolphins
Ex-Jet Dustin Keller is a huge statistical sleeper right now for a few reasons. First, he had an injury-plagued 2012 season in New York and he’s on a new team in 2013. Keller’s also a talent that has never truly broken out. There’s no big season for GMs to point to in hope of a return to glory.
So what’s to like about Keller in 2013? A few things....
- Ryan Tannehill will be the best QB Keller has played with since his rookie season with Brett Favre.
- Keller’s ability is significantly better than his career numbers indicate. They traded up for him in round one due to his speed and agility.
- Mike Wallace can take the top off of the secondary and that will create more opportunity underneath than Keller has ever seen.
- Miami has balance with a solid group of backs led by Lamar Miller, whom we like a lot. Keller will benefit from this in play-action situations.
- Motivation. Keller is on a 1-year deal and a big year will lead to big coin.
Right now, Keller is barely getting drafted. If this lasts, he could end up being a steal, especially in large formats. He’s also a very nice dynasty target as he is right in the heart of his prime years. He makes a great throw-in if you can pull that off. Keller is a guy to pay attention to during camp and preseason for sure. We suspect that he’ll move up a lot of boards, but should still be a solid value. Do not underestimate the value of getting away from Mark Sanchez and the Jets offense.