RB Handcuffs 11/18
This is a listing of all the running back handcuffs that I would try to set up if I had the lead back. I have omitted teams with no clear lead back or teams that have more than one back who is largely owned like Detroit, New Orleans, Philadelphia or Buffalo.
In 12-team leagues with significant bench space, these are moves I recommend making now that you have some extra roster space due to the bye weeks being basically over.
- Andre Ellington (Stepfan Taylor)
- Steven Jackson (Devonta Freeman)
- Matt Forte (Ka’Deem Carey)
- Isaiah Crowell (Terrance West)
- Eddie Lacy (James Starks)
- Arian Foster (Alfred Blue)
- Trent Richardson (Robert Herron)
- Denard Robinson (Toby Gerhart)
- Jamaal Charles (Knile Davis)
- Lamar Miller (Damien Williams)
- Jerick McKinnon (Matt Asiata)
- Rashad Jennings (Andre Williams)
- LeSean McCoy (Chris Polk)
- Frank Gore (Carlos Hyde)
- Marshawn Lynch (Christine Michael)
- Bishop Sankey (Shonn Greene)
- Alfred Morris (Roy Helu)
Some of these are perhaps a bit unconventional. For example, I have Damien Williams ahead of Daniel Thomas despite the Dolphins' depth chart saying it's the other way around. The Seattle backfield is similarly debatable, but we think Michael is the back to own in the no-Lynch scenario. Some may put Darren Sproles ahead of Chris Polk, but Sproles is owned anyway and I am not sure they would give him big volume in the event of a McCoy injury. In Cleveland, West could win the job back conceivably, but this is how I see that backfield now in the wake on Ben Tate's release.